Persons in Distress

Persons Who are Disruptive

If a person displays conduct that is reckless, disorderly, dangerous, threatening, including self-harmful behavior, and you are concerned for your safety or the safety of others, please call the UCI Police Department 9-1-1.

  • If the person is a UCI student, report the incident to the Office of Student Conduct.
  • If the person is a UCI employee, report the incident to Human Resources.

Persons Who are Distressed

A person who is distressed displays persistent behaviors, such as: unduly anxious, sad, irritable, withdrawn, confused, lacks motivation and/or concentration, seeks constant attention, demonstrates bizarre or erratic behavior, or expresses suicidal thoughts.

  • If the person is a UCI student, please contact the Counseling Center, Student Health Center, Campus Assault Resources and Education (CARE), or the UCI Police Department for help.
  • If the person is a UCI employee, please contact Human Resources, Guidance Resources Employee Assistance Program, or the UCI Police Department for help.

For consultation regarding any of the above information, please contact the UCI Consultation Team through the Office of the Clinical Social Worker.

Important Phone Numbers

Department Phone Number
Assistant Vice Chancellor – Wellness, Health & Counseling Services 949-824-4642
Campus Assault Resources & Education (CARE) 949-824-7273
Clinical Social Worker 949-824-1418
Counseling Center 949-824-6457
Guidance Resources Employee Assistance Program 844-824-3273
Human Resources 949-824-5210
Office of Student Conduct 949-824-5181
Student Health Center 949-824-5301
UCI Police Department 949-824-5223