- EVACUATE when:
- A fire and/or life safety emergency occurs.
- The fire alarm activates (audible and/or visual).
- Notified to do so by emergency response personnel or Zone Crew members.
- Be aware of all exits from your area and building. Know the routes from your work area.
- When the fire alarm activates or you are told to leave, keep calm, WALK quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same. DO NOT RUN.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS unless directed to do so.
- ASSIST persons with disabilities, access or functional needs if you are willing and able.
- Notify Zone Crew or emergency personnel if you suspect someone may be trapped in the building.
- Follow instructions given by Zone Crew members in red, yellow, or green vests or emergency personnel.
- Once outside, move to your designated assembly area. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- DO NOT return to an evacuated building until an all clear message is given and you are directed to do so.
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS OPERATIONS and LABORATORY EVACUATIONS: If safe, perform the following before evacuating:
- Shut down all hazardous operations including equipment and energy sources connected to hazardous materials.
- Close all supplies of hazardous materials including compressed gas cylinders.
- Make sure operations are left in a stable state.