An exposure is defined as contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials to the eyes, nose, mouth and other mucous membranes, or non-intact skin.
- Wash exposed area with soap and water for 15 minutes, or flush eyes with water for 15 minutes at the nearest eye wash station.
- Notify your supervisor.
- Seek medical attention at one of the locations listed below and notify EH&S and RS of your exposure at (949) 824-6200 or (949) 824-9888
This information is updated periodically. Call UCI Worker’s Compensation Desk at (949) 824-9152 for the most current information.
Notify your supervisor if condition is not life threatening and seek medical attention as follows:
Students (Non-UCI employees)
- Campus: Go to the Student Health Center (East Peltason & Pereira) or call (949) 824-5304 or (949) 824-5301.
- After hours: Go to the nearest urgent care center or emergency room. Contact Student Health Center for follow-up care as soon as possible.
For further information, contact the UCI Student Health Center Insurance Program (GSHIP) or (USHIP) (949) 824-5301 or see the GSHIP or USHIP website at the Student Health Services website http://www.shs.uci.edu/.
Students with private health insurance instead of GSHIP or USHIP will be charged for services rendered at the Student Health Center and provided a receipt to obtain reimbursement.
Employees, All Student-Employees, and Volunteers with Work-Related Injuries
- ALL WORK RELATED INJURIES MUST BE REPORTED via the On-line Incident Form available at the Human Resources website at www.hr.uci.edu from the Workers Compensation link, by phone at (949) 824-9152 or by email at email@example.com.
Employees and supervisors must contact UCI Worker’s Compensation Desk at (949) 824-9152 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular working hours to obtain medical authorization within 24 hours of any injury.
- Newport Urgent Care, (949) 752-6300. 1000 Bristol Street North, Suite 1-B, Newport Beach (Bristol & Jamboree) Hours: Mon-Fri 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Sat & Sun 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.; call for after-hours physician.
- UCIMC (714) 456-6011. 101 City Drive South, Orange. Hours: 24hrs/7days
- East Edinger Urgent Care, (714) 541-8464. 1530 E. Edinger Ave. Santa Ana. Hours: 8 a.m. - 6.p.m., Monday – Friday.